A KNITTING PATTERN
All about the pattern
Cashmere Hugs is a triangular shawl that is knitted from the top down. Rows of garter stitch and
eyelets are combined with simple textures that let the yarn shine!
The pattern includes instructions for two types of yarns:
- Lana Grossa Landlust Merino (knitted with needle size 7,0mm or US US 10,5/11; the shawl in blue tones)
- Lana Grossa Lovely Cashmere from the Lala Berlin range of yarns (knitted with needle size 8,0mm or US 11; the colourful shawl)
The main pattern contains the instructions for the merino version of the shawl. The adjustments necessary for the cashmere version are summarised at the end of the pattern.
Treat yourself to a warm and very lightweight to keep you cosy on chilly days!
Lana Grossa Landlust Merino 120 GOTS (93% virgin wool, 7% polyamide / 50g/ 120m)
- A: 128 Leinen, 2 balls
- B: 125 Blaugrau, 1 ball
- C: 126 Indigoblau, 2 balls
- D: 105 Dunkelblau, 1 ball
Or: approximately 720m of bulky weight yarn.
The finished shawl measures 200cm / 78,5in width (wingspan) and 70cm / 27,5in depth.
7,0mm / US 10,5 or 11 circular needles. Use the needle size you need to obtain gauge.
13 sts x 28 rows = 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4” in garter stitch on 7,0mm needle after blocking.
Lana Grossa Lovely Cashmere (60% cashmere, 25% polyamide, 15% virgin wool / 25g / 60m)
- A: 004 Jeansblau, 4 balls
- B: 010 Hellblau, 3 balls
- C: 002 Lachs, 1 balls
- D: 001 Dottergelb, 2 balls
- E: 003 Erika, 4 balls
The finished shawl measures 220cm / 86,5in width (wingspan) and 78cm / 30,5in depth.
8,0mm circular needles. Use the needle size you need to obtain gauge.
10 sts x 26 rows = 10 x 10 cm / 4 x 4” in garter stitch on 8,0mm needle after blocking.